- Sproutflix- Sproutflix presents carefully selected films of artistry and intellect from around the world specifically related to the lives, performances and accomplishments of people with developmental disabilities.
- Autism Program Quality Indicators- A self-review and quality improvement guide for schools and programs serving students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- New York ACTS - An initiative for Adults and Children on the Autism Spectrum- Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and their families now
have a single comprehensive resource to go to for important information
on ASD and New York State (NYS) services available to address the needs
of these individuals and their families. New York ACTS (An Initiative
for Adults and Children on the Spectrum) is a web site developed by the
New York State Interagency Task Force on Autism, a partnership of 11
In addition to information on autism and NYS services and supports for
- Autism Internet Professional Development Modules- The Autism Internet Modules project will develop a series of 60 modules by the time the project is complete on topics including assessment and identification, characteristics, evidence-based practices and interventions, transition to adulthood, and employment. Module authors include experts on ASD from across the nation. The AIM platform was designed and built by OCALI staff with components consistent with research on how adults learn.
- Using Google SketchUp with Autistic Students- This video offers some examples of work done by students with Autism using the free design software SketchUp.
- Perspectives on the Autism Regulations-
This presentation was given by Kathleen M. Feeley from Long Island University.
Included is a manuscript for the paper "Preparing Special Education Teachers in Evidence Based Strategies to Address the Needs of Students With Autism Spectrum Disorders" by Vito Loiacono and Kathleen M. Feeley
- NYS DOH resources on Autism- NYS guidelines, screenings, and practice recommendations for early intervention for students with Autism or Pervasive Developmental Disorder.
- What Kind of World Do You Want- An interesting approach to raising both money and awareness about Autism.
- Book: Just Give Him the Whale- 20 Ways to Use Fascinations, Areas of Expertise, and Strengths to Support Students with Autism By Paula Kluth, Ph.D., & Patrick Schwarz, Ph.D. When learners with autism have deep, consuming fascinations—trains, triangles, basketballs, whales—teachers often wonder what to do. This concise, highly practical guidebook gives educators across grade levels a powerful new way to think about students' "obsessions": as positive teaching tools that calm, motivate, and improve learning.
- In My Own Language-
This video is a very revealing look into the thoughts and behaviors of a person with Autism. It is similar in many ways to the film "Autism is a World."
- Book: You're Going to Love This Kid- Teaching Students With Autism in the Inclusive Classroom by Paula Kluth isbn: 1-55766-614-8 Paperback
- Book: A Land We can Share: Teaching Literacy to Students with Autism- by Paula Kluth and Kelly Chandler-Olcot isbn: 978-1-55766-855-4 paperback Teachers are going to love this book! Passionate and practical, it moves beyond "sight words" and other functional literacy skills and provides the know-how for bringing quality, meaningful literacy instruction to students with autism. Authored by respected, dynamic scholars in autism and literacy, the book breaks new ground as it focuses specifically on ways in which educators can improve literacy outcomes for students with autism spectrum disorders in Grades K–12 classrooms.
- Autism Shop- Home of the Autism Resource Network, a one-of-a-kind Book Store that is packed with merchandise and information for individuals with ASD and those who love, care for, and educate them.
- National Alliance for Autism Research- The mission of the National Alliance for Autism Research is to aggressively fund global biomedical research accelerating the discovery of the causes, prevention, effective treatments and cure for autism spectrum disorders and to educate the public on the critical role research plays in achieving these goals.
- Autism and PDD Support Network- Parental support network for parents of children with Autism or PDD.
- The Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership (GRASP)- Providing those with Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism with a mutually-supportive community that is both comforting and challenging to one another.
- New York Families for Autistic Children- NYFAC, has developed and instituted a wide variety of programs and services. NYFAC is recognized as a leader world-wide in the development of training materials for professionals working with children diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Autism Treatment Center of America- Website for the Son-rise approach to treating children and adults challenged by Autism, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Asperger's Syndrome, and other developmental difficulties.
- The Autism Society of Western New York- The Autism Society of America Western New York Chapter includes professionals and parents of children with Autism, PDD, and Asperger Syndrome. The Chapter holds informational meetings and workshops and publishes a newsletter.