Teacher Recruitment and Retention
These are the resources found under this topic.
- Rubric for Assessing the Qualities of Partnerships Between Schools and Teacher Preparation Programs at Institutions of Higher - This is a slideshow by Melissa Price giving an overview of the Rubric.
- The Labor Market for Public School Teachers: A Descriptive Analysis of NY's Teacher Workforce- Many policies being implemented, are intended to raise the level of instruction by attracting and retaining high-quality teachers. In order to design effective policies we must understand... (see attachment)
- BOOK: Keeping Quality Teachers - The Art of Retaining General and Special Education Teachers-
This user-friendly tool for retaining quality teachers — especially those in special education — contains a framework for action that can be used to create a plan at the school or district level, or to strengthen existing plans.
- Retaining Teachers: Lists of Articles and Annotated Bibliographies- A resource on teacher retention, attrition, and turnover.
- Personnel Center - National Center for Special Education & Related Service Providers- Working to increase the nation's capacity to recruit, prepare and retain diverse highly qualified special educators, early intervention and related service providers.
- Addressing Teacher Quality and Supply Through Compensation Policy- This Article is designed to address the issue of salary compensation as it affects teacher quality, teacher supply, and teacher retention in New York State