Quality Indicators - Literacy
- Early Literacy Instructional Practice
- Adolescent Literacy (Middle Level)
- Adolescent Literacy (High School)
- Specially Designed and Intensive Reading for Students with Disabilities
- Systemic Support
The Special Education Training and Resource Center (SETRC) network is one of VESID’s primary resources for school improvement in New York State. This Quality Indicator Review and Resource Guide is one of a series that has been developed for use by the SETRC network to guide their work in assessment of programs and provision of professional development, support and technical assistance to districts and schools to improve results for students with disabilities.
The Guides are intended to be used to support a process that includes:
- Assessing the quality of a school district’s instructional programs and practices in the areas of literacy, behavioral supports and interventions; and delivery of special education services;
- Determining priority need areas; and
- Prescribing and planning activities to change practices and improve outcomes for students with disabilities.