Research for Education and Inclusion
These are the resources found under this topic.
- Possible Criteria for Selecting, Assessing, and Sustaining High Quality Clinical Practice in Inclusive Settings- The purposes of this session are to: (a) discuss the concept of high quality clinical practice in inclusive settings, (b) offer suggestions for selecting, assessing, and sustaining such placements, and (c) propose a practitioner-driven applied research agenda. Presented at the Spring 2011 Statewide meeting of the Task Force on Quality Inclusive Schooling by Larry Maheady.
- National Center for Education Statistics- The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education.
- Equity Alliance- Research based practices and loads of other resources for including everyone.
- IRIS Modules for - Visit the IRIS Center for Training Enhancements for free online interactive modules, podcasts, case studies and articles that directly and effectively translate research about the education of students with disabilities into practice. The materials of evidence-based topics, including behavior, RTI, learning strategies, and progress monitoring. Very effective modules that can be used directly with students in teacher preparation programs.
- Breaking Ranks: Changing an American Institution- A Report of the National Association of Secondary School Principals in Partnership with the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching on the High School of the 21st Century.
- This mess we're in and Other History Lessons- PowerPoint Presentation by Beth Ferri from Syracuse University.
- Journal Collections of the IDEApartnership- Collection of citations and links to articles from a number of professional journals and other publications that are available online. It gives easy access to the voices of a broad range of organizations, centers, and institutions concerned with general education, special education, related disciplines, education of culturally and linguistically diverse students, and many other arenas.
- Results For Kids - Resources in the IDEApartnership- RKR library centers largely on models, curricula, practices, policy, research, and resources generated in general education and related arenas -- to the extent that these can be applied to improve outcomes for all learners.
- ERIC Information Center on Disabilities and Gifted Education- An ERIC clearinghouse with lots of great information.
- Early Childhood Research Institute on Inclusion (ECRII)- A five year national research project to study the inclusion of preschool children with disabilities.
- Centre for Studies On Inclusive Education (CSIE)- An independent center working in the UK and overseas to promote inclusion and end segregation.
- CAST: Center for Applied Technology- CAST is a nonprofit organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals, especially those with disabilities, through the research and development of innovative strategies.
- Academic Exchange Quarterly- Independent peer reviewed print journal valued by educators coast-to-coast and worldwide.