P-12 Office of Special Education and NYSED
- Autism Program Quality Indicators- A self-review and quality improvement guide for schools and programs serving students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Quality Indicators - Literacy-
- Early Literacy Instructional Practice
- Adolescent Literacy (Middle Level)
- Adolescent Literacy (High School)
- Specially Designed and Intensive Reading for Students with Disabilities
- Systemic Support
- Quality Indicators - Behavioral Supports and Interventions-
- School-Wide Positive Behavioral Systems (PBS)
- Classroom Management
- Targeted Small Group Behavioral Interventions
- Intensive Individualized Behavioral Interventions
- Quality Indicators - Special Education Instructional Practices-
- Instructional Environment and Practice
- Committee on Special Education (CSE) Process in development
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development in development
- Professional Development Standards- The State Education Department has now released the New York State Professional Development Standards. These documents are available at the link below.
- S3tairproject website-
The S3tair Project (Supporting Successful Strategies to Achieve Improved Results in NYS) website provides a calendar of scheduled site visits related to the project.
The S3TAIR Project will identify schools that have implemented and sustained effective, evidence-based practices resulting in positive outcomes for students with disabilities, and will support replication of these practices in other schools.
The project relies on Regional Field Facilitators (RFF) to coordinate the site visits and efforts of the project.
- Results for Students and Individuals with Disabilities- This presentation was given by Patricia Geary of VESID at the September 26, 2008 Statewide meeting of theTask Force.
- Teacher Supply and Demand Progress Report 2008-
THis document and the accompanying presentation was put together by The Office Office of Higher Education
Ful Report (PDF)
- The Commissioner’s Advisory Panel (CAP) for Special Education Services- The Panel functions in an advisory capacity to the Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities and advises the Governor, Legislature and Commissioner on unmet needs in the education of children with disabilities.
- VESID Listserv Instructions- You can receive notification by electronic mail of the latest memoranda and other technical assistance documents available on the VESID website by joining the VESID Listserv.
- Part 200 Regulations - Students with Disabilities- Includes both part 200 (Students with Disabilities) and part 201 (Procedural Safeguards for Students with Disabilities Subject to Discipline)
- Student Advocacy Handbook for High School Juniors and Seniors Transitioning to College- A collection of items for students to consider when looking to transition from high school to college.
- New York State Education Department- Information on everything Education in NYS
- Students with Disabilities Outcomes and Improvement Strategies- This powerpoint presentation was given by Patricia J. Geary, Coordinator, Special Education Policy and Professional Development.
- POWERPOINT: VESID Updates- This presentation by Patricia Geary illustrated how VESID is utilizing the State Performance Plan (SPP) and NCLB - IDEA
- POWERPOINT: Overview of the State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG)- This presentation by Matt Giugno and Wilma Jozwiak addressed the direction of the development of the SPDG.
- Accountability for Results: State Performance Plan- PowerPoint Presentation by James Delorenzo from VESID