Call for Proposals: Nazareth College Inclusion Institute
Revealing the Strengths of Learners with Autism
First Annual Nazareth College Inclusion Institute
November 6, 2010 Nazareth College, Rochester, NY
We encourage presentations that reflect the Inclusion Institute theme, "Revealing the Strengths
of Learners with Autism," from early intervention to post-secondary transition in any of the following strand areas:
- Connecting Schools to Community
- Strength Based Planning and Instruction
- Assistive Technology
- Inter-professional Collaboration
- The institute is designed for teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals, parents, related service providers, pre-service professionals, and individuals with Autism.
- All sessions will be interactive, with approximately 45 minutes allotted for the presentation and 15 minutes for audience participation.
- All presenters must be registrants of the First Annual Nazareth College Inclusion Institute.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
- For each proposal submitted electronically, authors must submit the following documents in Microsoft Word:
- Summary sheet containing
(1) the name of a school/college affiliation, preferred addresses, preferred telephone number, and e-mail address of each author;
(2) conference strand on which the proposal is focused;
(3) target audience;
(4) how the audience will be engaged;
(5) participant outcomes; and
(6) the presentation title and a 50-word summary of the presentation suitable for inclusion in the Institute program
- An anonymous, clearly titled abstract of no more than 250 words for blind review.
- All materials should be sent to: email@example.com
- The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, October 1, 2010.
- Authors with proposals accepted for presentation will be notified by Monday, October 8, 2010.
Direct Inquiries to:
Dr. Shanna Jamanis