2006-09-15 Statewide Meeting
These are the resources found under this topic.
- POWERPOINT: VESID Updates- This presentation by Patricia Geary illustrated how VESID is utilizing the State Performance Plan (SPP) and NCLB - IDEA
- POWERPOINT: Universal Design for Learning Mathematics: Reducing Barriers to Solving Word Problems- This session by Merry Staulters and Deborah May summarized how a multiple-case study design was employed to investigate how UDL procedures could be applied to word problems in mathematics.
- POWERPOINT: The Principles of Culturally Responsive Teaching & Culturally Responsive School Environments- This presentation by Yolanda Sealey-Ruiz offered insight into developing Culturally Responsive Teaching (CRT) and Culturally Responsive Environments (CRE).
- POWERPOINT: The NYS School Improvement Grant (SIG) Initiative - 5 Years On- This presentation by Hayley Cavino outlined what has changed in 5 the past 5 years.
- POWERPOINT: Regional Task Force Final Report Summaries- This presentation by Melissa Price and each of the Regional Liaisons summarizes how each region addressed the two goals of the Task Force.
- POWERPOINT: Overview of the State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG)- This presentation by Matt Giugno and Wilma Jozwiak addressed the direction of the development of the SPDG.
- POWERPOINT: How Do We Make Adolescent Inclusion Work?- This presentation by Peter Kozik covers several ideas and information gleened from the Think Tank on Adolescent Inclusive Education.
- POWERPOINT: Demographics from the May 2006 Inclusion Conference in Rye Town- This presentation from Melissa Price showed the demographic breakdown of who attended the Inclusion conference in Rye Town.
- PDF: Survey on Culturally Responsive Teaching- This survey can be used to promote discussion and gather information on Culturally Responsive Environments in schools.
- PDF: Promise, Practicality and Prudence: A Synthesis of Second Generation RTI Research- This summary provided by Howard Weiner addresses the importance of RTI research and impact on student outcomes.
- PDF: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy Resources- This handout is a list of resources promoting Culturally Responsive Pedagogy. Provided by Yolanda Sealey-Ruiz.
- PDF: Administrators? Perceptions of Response to Intervention (RtI)- This handout offered by Roberta Wiener and Leslie Soodak provides a bibliogaphy of materials on RTI.