NY State resource
These are the resources found under this topic.
- Quality Indicators - Literacy-
- Early Literacy Instructional Practice
- Adolescent Literacy (Middle Level)
- Adolescent Literacy (High School)
- Specially Designed and Intensive Reading for Students with Disabilities
- Systemic Support
- Quality Indicators - Behavioral Supports and Interventions-
- School-Wide Positive Behavioral Systems (PBS)
- Classroom Management
- Targeted Small Group Behavioral Interventions
- Intensive Individualized Behavioral Interventions
- Quality Indicators - Special Education Instructional Practices-
- Instructional Environment and Practice
- Committee on Special Education (CSE) Process in development
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development in development
- New York ACTS - An initiative for Adults and Children on the Autism Spectrum- Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and their families now
have a single comprehensive resource to go to for important information
on ASD and New York State (NYS) services available to address the needs
of these individuals and their families. New York ACTS (An Initiative
for Adults and Children on the Spectrum) is a web site developed by the
New York State Interagency Task Force on Autism, a partnership of 11
In addition to information on autism and NYS services and supports for
- New York State Response to Intervention Technical Assistance Center (RtI-TAC)- The mission of the NYS Response to Intervention Technical Assistance Center is to support capacity-building efforts of New York State schools to implement proven and promising practices within a Response to Intervention model. This website is designed to provide resources and tools to educators and families regarding effective RtI practices.
- Professional Development Standards- The State Education Department has now released the New York State Professional Development Standards. These documents are available at the link below.
- New York State Reading Academy- This is the Moodle being used by all regions as the New York State Reading Resource Center online courses. This site has all the state-wide courses being offered through the Resource Centers from each region in the state. You will want to contact your local Resource Center to register for these courses.
- NYS DOH resources on Autism- NYS guidelines, screenings, and practice recommendations for early intervention for students with Autism or Pervasive Developmental Disorder.
- New York State Staff Development Council- Their goal: Every educator engages in effective professional learning every day so every student achieves. They run an annual conference.